The Shine Seminar equips Jesus followers with a passion for social justice and practical knowledge on how properly support survivors of the sex trade and human trafficking. We aim for
every student to be empowered in their unique abilities in contributing to the abolishment of modern day slavery, be voices of hope in their spheres of influence, and be advocates for biblical justice and for the marginalized.
This course explores the global sex trade and the Christian response. We aspire to offer excellent, Jesus-centered training to students through teaching, spiritual reflection and practical application.
Students will be taught by experts and will grow in understanding the core elements of the sex trade and human trafficking; while increasing in compassion and humility toward its survivors.
Students will be introduced to biblical, person-centered, trauma-informed and survivor-empowering care, and also be able to advocate for justice with a biblical worldview; being equipped to “Shine” God’s heart for justice within their own communities.
The Shine Seminar is split into two six week phases: a lecture phase and an optional internship.
The lecture phase will be a full-time class schedule taught by experienced professionals. It will consist of daily lectures, weekly prayer and worship times, occasional workshops, assignments and a final group research project.
There are no prerequisites for this course. Both those who have done a DTS with YWAM as well as those who haven't are welcome!
To be announced
Lectures, studies, and homework
Tuition fees, food, and housing included
- Introductory knowledge of the global sex trade and human trafficking.
- Advocacy from a biblical perspective.
- Basic knowledge on providing trauma-informed and person-centered care.
- Biblical justice, Awareness and Advocacy
- Prevention, Healthy Sexuality, Economics of the Sex Trade
- Outreach and Survivor-Centered Care
- Aftercare, Safe Homes and Trauma-Informed Care
- Policy, Research and Law Enforcement Involvement